Permits may be required in order to begin construction within the boundaries of the Town of Atlantic Beach. Contact staff prior to beginning any residential or commercial projects.
- Certificate of Occupancy/Completion Requirements
- Permitting Plan Review Requirements
- Inspections, Planning & Zoning Fee Schedules
Submittal of plans for review:
Plans submitted for review with a building permit application for new construction must be full-size (24” x 36”). Plans shall also be submitted electronically as a PDF. If you’re unsure whether your application requires full-sized plans, please call our office at 252-726-4456.
Apply for Permits:
All permits may be applied for online by clicking here or by completing one of the permit applications below and submitting to Town staff in-person or by email to Nick at email@example.com, fax (252-727-7043), or mail. If you are unsure which permit application you need to submit, call our office at 252-726-4456.
- Building Permit Application Packet, which includes the following:
- Building Permit Application
- Contractors & Subcontractors form
- Affidavit of Worker’s Compensation Coverage
- Plot Plan Template
- Trade Permit Application
- Demolition Permit Application
- CAMA Minor Development Permit Application Packet- Oceanside
- CAMA Minor Development Permit Application Packet- Soundside
- Flood Elevation Certificate & Instructions
- NC V-Zone Certification Form
Requesting Building Inspections:
The Carteret County Planning and Inspections Department conducts building & trade inspections for Atlantic Beach. Please call 252-728-8545 to request inspections.