The Town is updating the 2008 CAMA Core Land Use Plan, which is a document that guides land use and development throughout town. The Planning Department has partnered with CodeWright Planners on this project, which is the firm we used to update our Unified Development Ordinance in 2016/17.
There are several stages to this project, and each Task will be updated here as it happens:
- Task 1: Project Initiation – Complete – Summary Memo here.
- Task 2: Existing Conditions Data – Complete – Data Section here.
- Task 3: Public Engagement (Feb-Mar)
- Task 4: Staff Review Draft (Mar-Jul) – Complete – View the Land Use Plan Draft here. *Draft is subject to change pending further review & public comment.
- Task 5: Public Review Draft (Jul-Aug)
The Town of Atlantic Beach Planning Board will conduct a public hearing on Tuesday, September 1, 2020, at 6:00 pm, to be held in-person in the Boardroom as well as electronically via Zoom.
- The purpose of the public hearing is to review, discuss and hear public comment, both oral and written, on the CAMA Land Use Plan Update
- The public is invited to attend or participate remotely. Zoom login instructions can be found here.
- Task 6: CRC Initial Review (Aug-Sept)
- Task 7: Adoption by Town Council (Sept)
- Certification by Coastal Resources Commission – anticipated September 2020
If you have any further questions or comments, or for more information, please contact Michelle Eitner, Planning and Development Director, at email@example.com or by calling 252-726-4456.