The Town is updating the 2008 CAMA Core Land Use Plan, which is a document that guides land use and development throughout town. The Planning Department has partnered with CodeWright Planners on this project, which is the firm we used to update our Unified Development Ordinance in 2016/17.
There are several stages to this project, and each Task will be updated here as it happens:
- Task 1: Project Initiation – Complete – Summary Memo here.
- Task 2: Existing Conditions Data – Complete – Data Section here.
- Task 3: Public Engagement (Feb-Mar)
- Task 4: Staff Review Draft (Mar-Jul) – Complete
- Task 5: Public Review Draft (Jul-Sep) The Town of Atlantic Beach Planning Board conducted a public hearing on Tuesday, September 1, 2020, and unanimously recommended the draft LUP.
- Task 6: CRC Initial Review (Aug-Sept) – Complete
- Task 7: Adoption by Town Council (TBD)
- Once all required edits are made to the draft and CRC deems it to be complete, Town Council will hold a public hearing and consider adoption of the draft Atlantic Beach CAMA Land Use Plan.
- Certification by Coastal Resources Commission – anticipated late 2020/early 2021
If you have any further questions or comments, or for more information, please contact Michelle Eitner, Planning and Development Director, at email@example.com or by calling 252-726-4456.