The mission of the Planning, Zoning and Inspections Department is (1) to work with the Town Manager and the Town Council to plan for the growth and evolution of the Town, (2) to manage the land use controls (land use plan, zoning code, subdivision code, sign code, etc.), (3) to promote the health, safety, and welfare of property owners and the general public through effective building code inspections, (4) to assure the efficient communication between zoning and inspection activities through vigorous code enforcement, and (5) to support the activities of the Town’s Planning Board and Board of Adjustment.
The Community Development Department works with the Town Manager and the Town Council to plan for the growth and evolution of Atlantic Beach, and promotes the health, safety, and welfare of property owners and the general public through effective building code inspections.
Permits may be required in order to begin construction within the boundaries of the Town of Atlantic Beach. Download required forms here, and contact our staff prior to beginning any residential or commercial projects.
- Showboat Redevelopment Major Site Plan
- Hi-Lites/Atlantic Beach BTS Redevelopment Major Site Plan
- Land Use Plan
- Stormwater Resiliency Plan
- Causeway Corridor Master Plan
- “The Gateway Project” – Causeway Small Area Plan
- ADA Transition Plan
- Title VI Plan
- Circle/Grove Redevelopment Master Plan (by developer Fred Bunn)
- Comprehensive Bicycle Plan
- NCDOT’s I-42 Corridor Improvements Map
- Pamlico Sound Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan 2020
Much of our population lives within a floodplain. While these areas are especially at risk, flooding can occur virtually anywhere in Atlantic Beach.