PUBLIC NOTICE OF UNCLAIMED PROPERTY AND NOTICE OF SALE
Pursuant to the provisions of North Carolina General Statutes 15-12 through 15-16, this notice of unclaimed property and notice of sale is published to advise any person or persons who may have or claim to have any interest in the property listed below that they must report that claim to the Atlantic Beach Police Department on or before Oct. 13, 2020, within thirty (30) days of the date of first publication of this advertisement.
This property will be sold or otherwise disposed of on or after Nov. 2nd, 2020, to the highest bidder, as listed on Govdeals. The property that is being offered for sale is described as follows by Item#, Description, Color, Condition:
- Huffy Beach Cruiser, Blue, Fair
- Next Mountain Bike, Orange ,Poor
- Adult Beach Cruiser, Black, Fair
- Adult Beach Cruiser, Blue, Poor
- Schwinn Beach Cruiser, Blue, Fair
- Huffy Beach Cruiser, Light Green, Poor
- Huffy Beach Cruiser, Maroon, Good
- Adult Beach Cruiser, Pink/White, Good
- Adult Beach Cruiser, Yellow, Fair
- Adult Beach Cruiser, Silver, Fair
- Mongoose Mountain Bike, Maroon/Silver, Fair
- Adult Beach Cruiser, Blue, Fair
- Belmar Beach Cruiser, Purple/White, Fair
- Loft Women’s jacket, two pair of Levi Blue Jeans, 36/32 with anti-theft device still attached.
- H20dyssey Diving booties w/inflatable vest, Fair
- Childs surf board, Blue/White, Good
- 12-foot canoe, Green, Good
- Two Drones (no remote), Black/White, Fair
- Skate Board/ Helmets/Pads, Blue/White, Good
- Duffel Bags, Assorted Colors, Good
- Back Packs, Black/Blue, Good
- Sunglasses, Assorted Colors, Fair
- Pocket/Folding Knives, Assorted Colors, Good
- Wallets/Purses, Assorted Colors, Good
- Fishing rods/reels, Brown, Good
- Walker, Red, Good
- Jewelry, wedding rings, Fit Bits, Good
- Craftsman Socket Set, Red, Good
The property may be viewed for thirty (30) days beginning, Sept. 14, 2020 at the Atlantic Beach Police Department by contacting Det. Doug Harvey, 252 726-2523. The period for claiming the property listed above expires on Oct. 13, 2020. The items may be viewed Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The items will be listed for sale on www.Govdeals.com starting on Oct. 23, 2020 and will be open for bidding until Nov. 2, 2020.
The terms of the sale shall be “items purchased as is/where is, and all items must be removed from the premises within ten (10) days from the date of purchase.
Posted this 13th day of September 2020.
Sabrina Simpson, Deputy Town Clerk
Notice of Public Hearing for local adoption of a CAMA Land Use Plan
Notice is hereby given that the Town of Atlantic Beach will conduct a public hearing on Monday, September 28th at 6:00 PM to review the Town of Atlantic Beach Coastal Area Management Act (CAMA) Land Use Plan. The meeting will be held at the Town of Atlantic Beach Boardroom, located at 125 W Fort Macon Road, Atlantic Beach, NC 28512. All interested citizens are encouraged to attend.
Following the public hearing, the Town of Atlantic Beach Town Council will consider adoption of the Land Use Plan. Once adopted, the plan will be submitted to the Director of the North Carolina Division of Coastal Management for certification.
Written objections, comments, or statements of support shall be submitted to the Division of Coastal Management’s District Planner, Rachel Love-Adrick, 400 Commerce Avenue, Morehead City, NC 28557 no more than 30 calendar days after local adoption of the plan. Further information can be obtained by contacting the District Planner at (252) 808-2808.
Copies of the Land Use Plan are available for review by the public at the Town of Atlantic Beach Town Hall during normal office hours. The public is encouraged to review the Land Use Plan and to attend the public hearing. For additional information, please contact the Director of the Town of Atlantic Beach Planning Department at (252) 726-4456.
PLANNING BOARD NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of Atlantic Beach Planning Board will conduct a public hearing on Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 6:00 pm, to be held in-person as well as electronically via Zoom software. The public is invited to attend and participate or participate remotely. Information on how to join/call in to the meeting is on the front page of our website: www.atlanticbeach-nc.com.
The purpose of the public hearing is to review, discuss and hear public comment, both oral and written, regarding the following agenda item:
Draft CAMA Land Use Plan Update
The document of the Plan is available for public review at Town Hall and online at www.atlanticbeach-nc.com. For those with questions and comments that will not be able to attend or need greater depth of information, please email Julian Griffee at email@example.com, call at (252)726-4456, or visit Town Hall during business hours.