This page ranges from hurricanes and re-entry, special events and weddings, frequently asked questions and links, the official Town Newsletter, information on our history and more.
In case of a natural disaster both residents and visitors to Atlantic Beach need to be prepared and stay informed. Find general preparedness and disaster response information including links to Emergency Resources, Re-Entry Pass information and more.
A special event application is required for any event by a public or private organization to promote an idea, cause, or program designed or selected for a particular purpose or occasion, for events with an expected attendance of 50 or more guests (including weddings and reunions), and for events requiring a tent/canopy permit, outdoor fireworks permit, or amplified sound permit. Completed application and all applicable fees shall be returned to Town Hall.
The Town of Atlantic Beach has developed a list of frequently asked questions to help keep your visit to our Town and Beaches safe and enjoyable.
Starting a New Business
Help us keep Atlantic Beach safe and beautiful! Report any problems you may observe around town. Thank you for your help!
Town Boardroom Reservations
The Town Boardroom shall be available for use by any nonprofit organization or civic association that is located in Atlantic Beach or whose majority membership is comprised of residents of Atlantic Beach.
Ocean Breeze Online
- January 04, 2018 (Snow part 1.)
- January 04, 2018 (Snow part 2.)
- January 09, 2018 (Captain Jim’s Legacy)
- January 26, 2018 (Town Survey Results)
- March 02, 2018 (Spring Update)
- March 23, 2018 (NC Dept. of Insurance)
- March 29, 2018 (Spring Update part 2.)
- May 22, 2018 (BMF Sponsors)
- May 23, 2018 (Dredging, Summer Movies, etc.)
- June 29, 2018 (July 4th, Beach Clean-up, etc.)
- September 28, 2018 (Post-Florence Email)
- October 25, 2018 (Debris Removal part 1.)
- November 01, 2018 (Debris Removal part 2.)
- November 09, 2018 (Debris Removal part 3.)
- November 21, 2018 (Thanksgiving Updates)
- December 14, 2018 (CAMA Grant, Events, etc.)
Ocean Breeze Newsletter
“The Ocean Breeze” is a periodic newsletter created by Town Staff to help inform our citizens and visitors on the happenings in the Town.
Atlantic Beach is blessed with one of its residents. In June of 1934, the parents of James Newman Willis, III, brought newborn “Cap’n Jim” home from the hospital to Atlantic Beach. He’s lived here ever since. There is no one better qualified to write Atlantic Beach’s history. “Cap’n Jim” is trained and spent his work career as a researcher. Below, in installments, is “Cap’n Jim’s” work in progress. Part one is ready for reading.
The Atlantic Beach links page lists some interesting links for citizens and visitors alike.